Vencore Labs (formerly Applied Communication Sciences) is a self-sustaining research center within Vencore that provides applied research and engineering to enable government agencies, utilities and commercial enterprises to fully exploit the future of communications, data analytics and cyber security. From smart grid to smart phones, intelligent highways to intelligent battlefields, Vencore Labs’ 200 scientists, engineers and analysts are consistently creating generation-after-next technologies and solutions. In doing so, our labs are helping to transform traditional government research. We connect our customers to advanced research and technology helping them to develop solutions to their toughest challenges. Accelerating the arc of transformation — from research to engineering to products — that’s what we focus on each day at Vencore Labs.
We offer very competitive salaries, annual bonuses, and a 5% dollar for dollar 401k match which is immediately fully vested, among other benefits. But the thing that our employees consistently cite as their favorite things about working here are: (1) the extremely interesting and varied nature of the work, which is cutting edge research; and (2) the extremely high caliber of their co-workers. Many of our employees are experts in their fields and work very collaboratively with their colleagues. Vencore Labs routinely partners with government, top-tier colleges and universities, and other companies in the industry to research and develop innovative technology solutions.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
• Working with a team of researchers to analyze the vulnerabilities of control plane protocols for different types of wireless radios, including 802.11 and LTE.
• Developing techniques to detect and mitigate attacks against these protocols.
• Developing simulations of these protocols and conducting performance assessments of the developed technologies.
• Implementing these defense techniques on relevant radios and conducting field experimentation.
• Performing scientific experiments, investigations, observations and related research studies into the nature and operation of wireless networks, using the scientific methods.
• Participating in intellectual property evaluations and development of patent applications.
• Co-authoring conference and journal publications describing research results.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (prefer graduate degree)
• Strong hands-on programming skills with implementation experience in C and Java.
• Knowledge of wireless networking protocols and IP networking.
• Excellent communication skills.
• U.S. Citizen or U.S. permanent resident.
• Demonstrated experience with modeling and simulation tools such as ns-2, ns-3, OPNET, QualNet, EMANE, and with Linux testbeds.
• Experience with statistical data analysis.
• Experience with communications security.
• Familiarity with commercial wireless technologies such as 802.11 and LTE.